QUIET BOOKS - HANDMADE FELT BOOKS
Quiet play books are a fantastic way to keep your little one occupied and entertained. They are perfect for road trips, doctor's appointments, or any time your child needs a calm activity. These books usually have simple, repetitive patterns that are easy for little ones to follow. Not only are they entertaining, but quiet play books can also help your child develop their fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination.
✅ Helps to develop reading, writing, and communication skills;
✅ Helps to develop problem solving skills.
✅ Improving my memory, logic and mental agility through practice.
✅ Practicing attention, and visual perception can help improve one's ability to focus and learn.
The pages and removable elements of the journal are soft and pleasant to the touch; they are made of high-quality materials that are also safe for the environment.
What are quiet book pages made of? I have found some great options for patterns and materials for Quiet Play books after doing some research. Let me show you everything I found!
- Felt: Felt is a great material to use for quiet books because it’s durable and comes in a variety of colors. You can find felt at most craft stores. The felt we use is OEKO-TEX certified, which means it is made without any harmful chemicals and is safe for children to play with. Only use the highest quality felt to make our products, so you can be sure your child is getting a product that will last.
- Cotton fabric: Cotton fabric is also durable and comes in a variety of colors and patterns. You can find cotton fabric at most fabric stores.
- Paper: Paper is a less durable option, but it’s also less expensive. You can find paper at most office supply stores.
- Ribbon: Ribbon is a great way to add color and texture to your quiet book. You can find ribbon at most craft stores.
- Buttons: Buttons are a great way to add color, texture, and interest to your quiet book. You can find buttons at most craft stores.
- Wool felt: is a great material to use when making a quiet book because it comes in a variety of colors. You can use bright and vibrant colors to make your book look great.
Material Adontion: Velcro, Laces, Zippers
Your choices will depend mostly on what kind of activity pages you want to create. You can find many of these items around your house:
PDF PATTERNS FOR QUIET BOOKS
Making your own Quiet Book is a great way to save money and get a creative, personalized gift for a child. There are many free patterns and tutorials available online, so you can make a book that is unique and perfect for the little one.
Here are a few of my favorite patterns!
Size and pages recomanded: Approximate 8 x 8 x 2 inch (20 x 20 x 5 cm), 6 activity pages (not including front and back cover side)
QUIET PLAY BOOK – READY TO PURCHASE
When we are short on time, we can buy handcrafted items from artisans. These are usually more expensive than mass-produced items, but they are often of better quality. Many handmade items come from in the United States, United Kingdom or EU
Little Cloudy offers handmade quiet books, soft books hand stitched from felt, each with their own theme ranging from a dolls house to jungle. Each quiet book is interactive, the characters in the book can be removed becoming fabric toys for children and parents to play with and create their own story's and adventures.
>>> SHOP HERE